Distribution Supervisor – Montreal
Diversified Ulbrich, located in Montreal, is a full line stainless steel service center and distributor. Diversified Ulbrich has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Distribution Supervisor. The Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing distribution activities in the warehouse in order to maintain on-time customer order processing and deliveries.
Specific areas of required expertise include:
- Directing and coordinating the activities of the warehouse regarding the production and/or distribution of products to meet customer expectations;
- Organizing the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the attainment of business objectives;
- Responsible for organizing, maintaining and improving the housekeeping of all areas of the warehouse;
- Supervising staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties;
- Managing all safety issues in the warehouse;
- Organizing delivery schedules and working with transportation companies;
- Checking preparing and/or maintaining time, production or other reports and/or records as required in connection with department operations;
- Providing training for new and current employees on work, safety and quality processes and procedures;
- Conducting employee performance reviews; and
- Maintaining proper material identification on each skid/bundle.
Qualified candidates will possess an Associate’s Degree in business plus 5 years’ supervisory experience preferably within a steel service distribution center. This position requires strong leadership, demonstrated organizational and planning abilities in managing a distribution warehouse. Qualified candidates must possess effective communication skills; verbal, written, and intermediate skills with MS Office. Qualified candidates must have spoken and written fluency with French & English. Ideal candidate will possess advanced supervisory skills and a mechanical aptitude. Must have experience with a Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) System.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits and the opportunity to expand your skills within a company that offers both a diverse workforce and a welcoming company culture.
Ulbrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer